Here are just some of the reasons we have Yellowjacket Pride at UW-Superior.
- With 185 students from more than 30 countries, UW-Superior has the highest percentage of undergraduate international students in the Twin Ports region and the University of Wisconsin comprehensive campuses.
- Yellowjacket student-athletes have received all-academic team honors from the WIAC eight of the past 10 years.
- 135 student athletes were selected to the WIAC Honor Roll during the 2010-2011 academic year.
- The Habitat for Humanity of Greater Portland (Maine) affiliate nominated the 2010 Alternative Spring break team for the national Collegiate Challenge MVP award for outstanding spring break group.
- At the end of the 2011 fiscal year, UW-Superior faculty, staff and community partners had conducted more than $4 million worth of federally funded research projects.
- A total of 744 students at UW-Superior enrolled in some curricular offering of the Music Department last year. That's almost 1 in 3 students.
- Throughout the 2010-2011 academic year, 871 of our students, or about 1/3 of the student body were involved in an academic service-learning course.
- UW-Superior hosts its annual Cultural Night, a signature event fueled by the creative energy and talent of UW-Superior international students.
Want to learn more about UW-Superior?